| img ref - http://www.big.dk/#projects-utr |
I'm currently thinking about the mix of uses that would best form my architectural response to the densification and gentrification of Paddington. Considering the medium scale of the project, nearby cultural precinct and the sites current use as a retail shopping centre I want to keep the focus on retail and have affordable housing and cultural elements as secondary functions. Having said this the cultural functions will play a very important role and will be specific to the needs of Paddington. The retail component will have flexible and fixed elements that involve a carefully chosen mix of food, clothing, home wares and services. The main memorable space will involve an open market area that can be reconfigured as a public square and event space.
| img ref - http://www.big.dk/#projects-utr |
UTRECHT LIBRARY AND HOUSING
I came across this project by BIG architects as an typological example of how housing can be integrated with cultural programs. Although my response won't include a library I can learn from the integration of public and private spaces through a vertical strategy.
| http://www.big.dk/#projects-utr |
No comments:
Post a Comment