Wednesday, September 19, 2012
WK08 Lecture Reflection: 'Green' Sustainability
This weeks lecture gave me some good insights into adaptable strategies which I can apply to my retail and cultural centre in Paddington. I have begun to think about adaptable retail centres and how my project can respond to a variety of retail modes now and in the future.
I did some quick brainstorming on retail modes and looked at rigid (store), flexible (cart) and semi-flexible (market stall) modes. For my project I wanted to incorporate all of these modes in order to have a diverse range of merchants/goods and constantly changing retail landscape. Having these flexible options also makes the retail rent more affordable and may reintroduce merchants that have been pushed out of Paddington due to the forces of gentrification and high retail rents.
Retail Modes
Retail 'Staging'
I want to rethink the retail shop along with the act of fitting it out (forming) and merchandising (staging).
Retail shops are in essence a form of theatre. The front window and interior act as a stage where a scene is presented. The mannequins are the main characters who are dressed in a particular style and positioned as if they are engaging in an activity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment